It’s only appropriate for my first post to be of the simple, savvy meal that started it all. I was going through my usual 4pm work routine: Perusing my Pinterest boards trying to decide what to make for dinner. I paused at the Avacodo Chicken Parm and thought of the two avocados sitting on my counter that were likely to go bad within the next day. But avocado just doesn’t say “Italian dinner” to me. Then I had a flashback to the day I made a monumental discovery in the bread aisle of my grocery store: The existence Panko Chipotle Seasoned Breadcrumbs.
Now, I know this is a recipe, and most recipes tell you how to make things from scratch. But I’m a believer in simplicity. While I could have found a recipe that called for a “dash” of 10+ different spices to create this flavorful breading, I figure, why bother? Someone has already done it perfectly for me. No need to recreate the wheel.
Speaking of wheels, this had mine spinning. I was mentally browsing my refrigerator shelves for more additions to whatever this spicy-chicken-avocado-creation was about to become. And I give you, Chipotle Chicken Parm…
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 cup light ranch dressing
• 2 cups Panko chipotle seasoned breadcrumbs
• 2 roma tomatoes seeded and cut into large chunks or 1 can chunky Ro-Tel tomatoes
• 2 avocados
• 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
• Preheat your oven to 375˚.
• Coat the chicken in ranch dressing. I simply put all my chicken into a ziplock bag, poured in some ranch dressing, and swirled the pieces around a bit until they were all coated.
• Dip each piece of chicken in the breadcrumbs until it is completely covered.
• Place the chicken on an oven pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
• Remove the pan from the oven and place a hefty spoonful of tomatoes on each chicken breast.
• Return to the oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are heated.
• Take the tray out of the oven again and place avocado slices on top of the tomatoes. Cover the entire breast in shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Return to oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• Drizzle with ranch dressing.
• Serve and enjoy! I served this with corn and Mexican rice, which were great additions.
And a summary for the cheaters 😉